SMS marketing is a popular way that businesses can share offers, deals and updates with their customers.
SMS text messaging is a channel of communication available to upwards of 98 percent of consumers. And, according to research conducted for the Cellular Telecommunications and Internet Association (CTIA), the average response time for text messages is 90 seconds.
Staying in compliance is not only important, it’s the law.
Below is an example SMS marketing terms of service that covers the minimum requirements for text message marketing.
Please note, This example SMS marketing terms of service is for informational purposes only. We recommend contacting an attorney to seek additional advice pertaining to the TCPA (Telephone Consumer Protection Act) and SMS marketing.
Sample terms of service
- When opted-in, you will receive text messages (SMS/MMS) to your mobile number. These kinds of messages may include offers, coupons, or other information [add additional description as needed].
- You can opt-out of this service at any time. Just text “STOP” to the phone number. After you text “STOP” to us, we will send you an SMS reply to confirm that you have been unsubscribed. After this, you will no longer receive SMS messages from us. If you want to join again, just sign up as you did the first time or text “START,” and we will start sending SMS messages to you again.
- If you are experiencing any issues, you can reply with the keyword HELP. Or, you can get help directly from us [link to your contact page on your website].
- Carriers, such as AT&T, are not liable for delayed or undelivered messages.
- Message and data rates may apply for any messages sent to you from us and to us from you. You should expect to receive [number] messages per month from us.
- If you have any questions about your text plan or data plan, please contact your wireless provider.